Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chef TJ - No longer at 'Ohana!

In making reservations for this year's trip, I learned that as of two weeks ago Chef TJ is no longer at 'Ohana. That means the restaurant has reverted back to a carno-centric haven for the habitually un-veg.

This is of course sad news, but on the positive, he has not left WDW, he has just been transferred to the Grand Floridian Resort next door. I've begun calling around the GF and I believe I've tracked him to the Grand Floridian Cafe. I'll be sure to post an update as soon as I know for sure.

If he had to be at the GF, I was hoping he would at least be taking over at 1900 Park Fare (preferably replacing a certain "vegetarian" chef there...) where he would have a larger number of ingredients on hand, and a buffet-style atmosphere to cover for his plentiful courses. Unfortunately (on both counts) this does not seem to be the case.

The whole vibe and menu is so different at the GFC, from both Boma and 'Ohana, that it'll be interesting to see what he will have the freedom and supplies to create for his veg guests.

Again, I'll keep you posted as soon as I know anything further!

No comments:

Post a Comment